• An Affiliate is a company, financial or nonfinancial, related by common ownership or control.
• A Non-Affiliate is a company, financial or nonfinancial, not related by common ownership or control.
• Joint Marketing is a formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that, together, market financial products to you.
Bay Capital collects personal information, for example, when a consumer:
• Applies for a loan
• Provides Income Information
• Provides Employment Information
• Provides Wage Statements
• Shows their Driver’s License
Bay Capital also collects personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Personal information is used to verify a consumer's identity, provide our customers with quality customer service and evaluate requests for products and/or services. Mortgage Lenders, such as Bay Capital, choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect, and share depend on the product or service a customer has with us. The information can include:
• Social Security Number
• Employment Information
• Payment History
• Credit History
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this Statement.
Individuals or companies outside of the Bay Capital family are considered third parties. Mortgage lenders are permitted (and sometimes even required) to share customer information with third parties for certain purposes, such as servicing customer relationships, fraud and risk management, and responding to transaction requests.
Bay Capital may share your personal information for the following reasons and with the following ability by a customer to limit that sharing:
• Bay Capital may share personal information for everyday business purposes, such as to process a customer's transaction(s), maintain customer account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
This sharing cannot be limited by the customer.
• Bay Capital may share personal information for marketing purposes; to offer products and services to the customer. This sharing cannot be limited by the customer.
Bay Capital does not share personal information about our customers for joint marketing with other financial companies, for our affiliates everyday business purposes, for our affiliates to market to our customers, or for our non-affiliates to market to our customers.
If a customer believes we have provided inaccurate information to a credit bureau, that person should contact us in writing with their account number and other pertinent information at the following address: Bay Capital Company (NMLSR#39610), 801 Compass Way, Suite 208, Annapolis, MD 21401.
To protect our customers' personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Federal Law. These measures include Computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We authorize our employees to access personal information only when they need it to do their work, and we require companies that work for us to protect our customers' information.