Reports To: Operations Manager
Overall Summary: Loan closers assemble, prepare and verify closing documents during the completion of real estate transactions: refinances and purchases. The loan closer coordinates all aspects of the closing process and ensures that all terms of the refinance or sale are met. They prepare loan documents included in a closing package. After the closing has been finalized, the loan closer assists the Post Closing department to ensure that all documents are properly delivered and purchased by the investor.
Essential Skills: Loan closers must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with excellent communication skills. Strong computer skills and proficiency with standard computer software are a must. Must be able prioritize and balance workload while handling constant interruptions in a fast paced and demanding environment. Must have excellent follow through.
• Reviewing and verifying that required accurate closing documentation is in file that is needed to close.
• Communicating with co-workers and title companies to gather information for accurate Closing Disclosure Preparation and resolving outstanding closing conditions required to fund the loan; and coordinating electronic delivery of the documents.
• Preparing funds requests so that mortgage loan funds are delivered to the title company for funds disbursement
• Handling closing issues and/or complaints from customers regarding the closing process and escalate closing issues to respective manager.
• Performing final review of the loan file to ensure compliance with underwriting, state, federal and investor guidelines.
• Implementing company processes during closing process for highest level of customer service.
• Satisfies any post-closing deficiencies in a timely fashion to ensure quick investor purchase of file.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong computer skills
• Familiarity with closing and documentation procedures
• Encompass helpful but not required
• Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional loan programs
• 2-3 experience in the Mortgage Industry preferred